Wednesday 9 April 2008

The Establishment Closes Ranks on the Immorality of the Iraq Invasion

Nine Law Lords have refused to open the way to a public inquiry into the illegality of attacking Iraq.

Only Baroness Hale, in her ruling, expressed the view that the request for "an inquiry into whether or not the conflict in which their sons died was lawful.", was a rightful and just expectation of the families of the dead soldiers.

"If my child had died in this way, that is exactly what I would want. I would want to feel that she had died fighting for a just cause, that she had not been sent to fight a battle which should never have been fought at all, and that if she had, then someone might be called to account."

Rose Gentle, whose 19 year old son died in Iraq, said:

"Only Baroness Hale has had the decency even to consider how my family and I feel that Gordon was killed; and we don’t even have the comfort of knowing that he died fighting for a justice case.

"It is as if the other eight law lords have not been able to contemplate the feelings of my family and myself.

"I will never accept that Gordon did die for a just cause; and I will never stop fighting for those responsible to be held to account."

She called on the Prime Minister "to do the right thing and hold the inquiry into the invasion and occupation of Iraq that he keeps promising us."

Sadly, 'doing the right thing' is what Gordon Brown is famous for not doing. And now he has the Law Lords to back him in his wickedness.

No comments: